Before / After
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY ABOUT US
After a friend recommendation, I went to Artius Clinic for a consultation and found that the advanced PRP procedure can actually regrow my hair. I took around 5 sessions of PRP treatment and found good results.
I had a really good time! I almost forgot that I was having a procedure done! The staff, I mean everybody was so pleasant and nice! Thanks for a wonderful experience!
Best quality, reasonable and very effective hair transplant.very co operative staffs and wonderful facilities.Hygenic and 100% trust worthy
What is FUE Hair transplant?
A head full of hair is a matter of pride and beauty and everyone wants one for themselves. Yet, the increasing bad lifestyle choices, pollution and stress lead to permanent hair loss in most people. If you are one of those facing this sort of loss, you surely have come across the term Hair Transplant. Popularly known as the one solution to all hair loss related problems, hair transplant is also one of the most common plastic surgical procedures.
The hair transplant constitutes of transplanting healthy hair follicular units from one part of the patient’s own scalp (called as the donor area) to another part where the hair growth is much lesser (called as the recipient area). The different techniques for hair transplant differ in the manner in which the follicular units are extracted for transplant.
In the FUE Hair Transplant, carried out by famous surgeons in Mumbai and other cities, the follicular units are extracted one by one using special instruments and transplanted onto the recipient area. This is why it is known as Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Advantages of FUE hair transplant
Since the FUE procedure involves one by one extraction of follicular units, it is much less invasive as compared to its counterpart, Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) where a strip of hair is removed from the scalp for extraction. The main advantages of going for the FUE procedure are
- Less Invasive – The less-invasive nature of the procedure is the biggest advantage in its favour. No strip removal, no stitches and hence no scarring
- Faster Recover Time – Along with the minimum scarring, the FUE hair transplant procedure has a much smaller recovery time for most patients as compared to FUT.
- Natural Hair growth – Since the hair follicles are extracted from the patient’s own scalp, the natural properties of the hair like the colour and texture remain the same giving a much better and completely natural look.
Procedure of FUE Hair transplant
The procedure for FUE Hair transplant is a medical surgery and hence must be performed by a qualified plastic surgeon only. During the surgery, the hair follicles are generally extracted from the back of the scalp of the patient, which generally has a higher density of hair compared to other areas.
During the procedure, the hair at the back of the scalp is trimmed very short in length (anywhere between 1mm to 2mm). The surgeon then gives local anaesthesia before proceeding with the surgery. Special micro punches of different dimensions are used to extract follicles one by one from the donor area. These extractions are then treated and grafted on to the recipient area one by one.
Since the transplant takes place one graft at a time, the FUE hair transplant is a fairly exhaustive procedure and can take anywhere between 5 to 6 hours. Thus, it is very important that you choose the right surgeon who can dedicate so much time to one procedure.
Cost of FUE hair transplant
It is a common misconception that the cost of FUE Hair transplant depends on the number of hair strands being transplanted. Here is a list of the factors that actually impact the cost of FUE Hair Transplant in Mumbai or other major cities
- Number of Follicular Units Extracted – The hair transplant takes place in terms of hair follicles, with each follicle containing anywhere between one to four strands of hair. Thus, it is logical that the cost is also determined on the basis of a number of follicular units transplanted.
- Experience of the surgeon – As we saw, FUE is a specialized and exhaustive procedure, which is as much dependent on aesthetics of the doctor as on their experience, apart from the time required on a case by case basis. So, all these lead to the cost depending on the qualification and experience of the surgeon performing the procedure.
- Service at the Facility – Since FUE is a newer technique, it requires specialized instruments as well as expertise to handle them. Thus, the status of the facility in terms of equipment and technology play a very important role in determining the cost of the procedure.
Recovering from FUE hair transplant
The Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE, as it is known, the procedure is a comparatively newer technique as compared to FUT. Since it involves lesser invasion and no stitches, the downtime of a patient is much lesser, as expected. Typically the patient can resume work within 2 days to a week.
However, it still is a medical procedure and does have some effects as well as precautions required for a faster recovery. It is good to have a discussion with your doctor about what to expect and what to do during recovery before you leave the facility. Some of the common precautions as advised by most doctors are
- Keep your head covered at all times. This will help in avoiding any kind of secondary infection due to dust or allergens in the atmosphere
- Avoid any kind of strenuous activity like lifting weights, playing a game like a football or a cricket and avoiding any activity which requires too much effort in general
- As much as possible, take rest and avoid exertion of any kind. This certainly helps in much faster recovery.
Another thing to remember is that hair regrowth after FUE can take anywhere between 3 to 6 months and hence you need to be patient. The transplanted hair will fall off and you don’t need to worry. The actual hair will grow from the transplanted follicles after this only.