How does a FUE hair transplant work?
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
FUE is a hair transplant method in which the surgeon extracts the follicular units of hair from the donor area of the scalp one by one. The doctor makes a small incision around a hair follicle with a microneedle before extraction.
Each follicular unit contains one to four hairs. These grafts or groupings are then transplanted to the bald areas of the scalp. This is an ideal method of surgery and recommended for those who have a tight scalp or have undergone the FUT method but with little or no success.
What happens during the FUE procedure?
FUE hair transplant involves the following procedure:
- Initially, the doctor anesthetizes the scalp.
- The doctor makes a small incision using a small micro needle around a follicular unit on the scalp to isolate a graft.
- Then, using a tweezer-like instrument, the doctor extracts the follicular unit from the donor area.
- The doctor makes small holes on the hair loss area of the scalp to harvest the follicular units on the specific site.
- Then the follicular units are placed in these holes from where they gradually start yielding hair.
- A disinfectant is gently applied to your head after the procedure.
In FUE transplant, there are more donor site options as the grafts can be extracted from other parts of the body. It can be used to fill in areas of eyebrows beard etc.
What are the risks and disadvantages of the FUE procedure?
The risks and disadvantages of the FUE hair transplant procedure include:
- The white scars caused by the incisions made to extract the hair follicles will often get overlooked once the hair grows on the site.
- There will be numbness, bleeding, swelling around the eyes and temporary cyst formation on the site where the hair is being transplanted.
- If proper care is not taken during the surgery, there are chances of infection and inflammation.
- People can experience hair loss which is temporary as the hair grows in few months.
- The transplant procedure involves the extraction of follicular units, thus it is costly, tedious and time-consuming process.
- Proper maintenance is required post surgery for hair loss treatment.
What are the advantages of an FUE procedure?
Some of the advantages of the FUE procedure include:
- FUE is less invasive surgery than FUT with no visible scarring in the donor area
- Good for short sessions and those who are in early stages of hair loss
- Suitable for those who would like short hairstyles
- The procedure is ideal for mustache or eyebrow replacement
- FUE method hair transplant is the most innovative and the minimally invasive
Why should you choose Artius clinic for FUE hair treatment?
Artius Hair Clinics is the most highly specialized FUE hair restoration clinic in Mumbai. The clinic is aimed at providing the excellent treatment procedures at the most cost-effective prices. The medical team of the Clinic aims in maintaining the quality of the service and offer the exact requirements to the patients including the restoration of challenging and exceptional cases such as beard transplant, eyebrow transplant, body hair transplant, scar restoration etc.
Dr. Sagar Gundewar ( MBBS, MS, M.Ch) and Dr. Komal Gundewar (MBBS, DDV) have many years of experience in hair transplant guaranteeing a 100% success rate and natural results. The team of surgeons has performed thousands of successful hair restoration procedures. They have helped thousands of patients regain their self-confidence and positive self-image through hair restoration
The doctors founded the centre to provide the highest quality care and best service that can enhance your appearance. The techniques used and the services are constantly updated to provide the best to their patients. The doctors are always updated with the latest technology to address the health issues and concerns of the patient. Their aim is to provide patients complete satisfaction and increased confidence.
Artius clinic always strives to make hair restoration procedure as affordable as possible and assures you of the quality of work. The cost of advanced FUE hair transplant procedure however depends on the choice of technique, the number of grafts to cover the thinning areas and the hair density goal of the patient.