Is Rhinoplasty Surgery Successful in Enhancing the Appearance?
Rhinoplasty is referred to as the plastic surgery of the nose that people undergo to enhance their appearance and functionality of nose. During the procedure, the plastic surgeon generally sculpts the cartilage and the bone of the nose to achieve the desired look of the patients. Therefore men and women who are unhappy with their nose can otherwise undergo a nose job or a nose reshaping surgery.
Rhinoplasty is preferred by most of the people since it is a safe and effective cosmetic procedure provided when it is being performed by an experienced and skilled cosmetic surgeon. Rhinoplasty can successfully improve the balance of the facial features and discover the newfound confidence in us. Rhinoplasty can also correct the structural defects that can also cure the breathing troubles.
Specific goals of Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty can be used to modify the shape, size and overall appearance of the nose. In some cases, a plastic surgeon may also suggest using a chin implant while the procedure so that the facial features are balanced up. However, Rhinoplasty can address the following facial features:
- Narrow the bridges of the nose.
- Widen or make the nostrils narrow.
- Straighten a crooked nose.
- Reshape the nose tip minutely.
- Change the angle between the nose and the upper lips.
In all of the above cases, the incisions made for reshaping the nose with cosmetic surgery are kept hidden inside the nose or are made inconspicuously outside it within the natural creases. Thus the minimal scarring is made to overall improve the appearance and maintain a natural look.
Read Also: Treatment Options For Hair Loss
Before beginning with the procedure the plastic surgeons typically encourage their patients to develop a treatment plan altogether. The type of Rhinoplasty that would work best or the best-suited technique or the preferred type of anesthesia are all discussed with the surgeon.
Rhinoplasty can be performed either by closed Rhinoplasty or by Open Rhinoplasty. In closed Rhinoplasty the incisions are made inside the nose whereas in open the incisions are made across the columella. However, nose reshaping can be of the following types:
- Reduction Rhinoplasty- Reduction Rhinoplasty is one of the most common types of nose reshaping surgery that can give the patients a nose which is proportionate to the remaining face. It includes resolving the nasal bumps present on the bridge of the nose, elongated nasal tip or excessively flared nostrils. The doctors thus can successfully remove the small amount of bone or cartilage to achieve the desired results. For decreasing the size of the nostrils the surgeons may require an alar base reduction which includes the removal of small wedges from the area where the nostrils meet the cheeks.
- Augmentation rhinoplasty- This is another popular type of nose reshaping surgery that doctor performs in bone or tissue grafting to build up the nasal tip or bridge. In many instances, the surgeon may also use cartilage from other parts of the body for the septum. The doctor may also use synthetic materials or biological tissues to serve the purpose.
- Post-traumatic Rhinoplasty- If any patient has suffered an injury to the nose then this particular type of Rhinoplasty can help to address both the appearance and functionality issues. This procedure includes straightening of the nose, rectifying the nasal septum or fixing a broken or fractured nose.
- Reconstructive Rhinoplasty– Patients may require reconstructive Rhinoplasty when they have lost all or a part of their nose in an accident or any other serious illness. However depending upon the conditions the patients may also require to undergo a revision procedure after several months.
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty- Ethnic Rhinoplasty includes the same methods as other forms of nose reshaping where the surgeon takes special care to preserve the unique features of the patient’s facial features.
Read Also: Face Surgery
The Success Story of Rhinoplasty
The success of Rhinoplasty depends on the accurate diagnosis and a carefully planned surgery which is closely supervised. Since most of the surgical procedures are performed by competent reconstructive surgeons so the results obtained are favorable and are rarely complicated. The common complications like swelling, bruising may be seen but the abnormal delay in recovery, infection is rare.
However, ultimately the final decision of a successful Rhinoplasty depends on the patients. If the patient feels satisfied with the results then the surgeons consider the Rhinoplasty surgery as a successful one. Though the role of any proficient surgeon in the entire reconstructive surgical procedure cannot be denied. A good Rhinoplasty surgeon is perfectionists and they express their artistic skills to enhance the results and also tries to reduce the possibility of postoperative issues. So yes, Rhinoplasty is successful in enhancing the appearance of most of the patients.