Pros and cons of Hair Transplant in Navi Mumbai
Hair loss is a common problem that affects both men and women at any stage of life due to various reasons like stress, pollution, hormonal imbalance, heredity, etc. Now many of these factors may not be permanent and some may even be reversed. But there are also some people who suffer from permanent hair loss that can result in reduced self-esteem and lack of self-confidence.
To alleviate such condition, people can choose to undergo a hair transplant surgery. A hair transplant is a surgical treatment procedure where the new hair follicles are transplanted from the hair loss resistant donor area to a balding or hair thinning recipient area. It is a permanent hair restoration procedure that will help patients to regrow hairs in the balding area. However, the best part of the procedure is it provides the best natural appearing results for those patients who are suffering from balding or receding hairline issues.
So people who are suffering from hair fall or hair thinning issues and are in a good health condition and may also choose to undergo a hair transplant procedure from an experienced and reputed surgeon. Hair transplant is typically performed under local anesthesia makes it a least invasive procedure. Patients can normally go back to normal life within a week, though vigorous exercises must not be resumed until the surgeon instructs. The patients may experience some pain, swelling and bruising for few days immediately after undergoing the procedure, but the surgeon will prescribe some medications for pain, antibiotics and sleep to encourage a rapid and safe healing.
following are the two most common hair transplantation technique in use
- Follicular unit transplant (FUT) – This procedure involves removing small strips of tissues from the donor area of the scalp. The extracted hair follicles are then segregated into individual hair by specially skilled technicians under a microscope. Then the recipient area is cleaned and slits are made with scalpels in which the extracted hair follicles are transplanted carefully.
- Follicular Unit Extract (FUE) – In an FUE hair transplant procedure, each hair transplant unit is individually extracted from the back and sides of the scalp. These follicles are removed randomly and then very carefully transplanted to the recipient sites of the scalp.
The result of a hair transplant procedure is not observable immediately after undergoing the procedure. The final results will be visible after three to six months of following the hair transplant procedure, and the hairs will grow to a remarkable size within a year.
Pros of Hair Transplant Procedure
- Hair transplant is a safe procedure and provides permanent results. It is found to be most effective for people who are suffering from male pattern baldness, hair thinning issues due to hormonal imbalance, heredity and scalp injuries.
- Hair transplant is a permanent procedure that uses no artificial hair extensions but helps in the normal growth of hairs from the scalp.
- The procedure helps the patients to achieve the most natural and rejuvenating appearance.
- Anyone undergoing a hair transplant procedure can achieve a head full of hairs thus helping them to regain their lost confidence and self-esteem.
- Since the procedure is normally performed under local anesthesia so the patients do not experience much downtime. The recovery period involved is much less than any other surgical cosmetic procedure.
- In a specific hair transplant procedure, the donor’s hairs are usually extracted from the sides and back of the scalp. But for people who do not have an adequate amount of hair follicles on their scalp may undergo body hair transplant.
Cons of Hair Transplant Procedure
- Infection on the scalp, itching, scabbing is some of the most common side effects of a hair transplant procedure.
- In some rare cases though there is a chance for the transplanted hair to fall out immediately after undergoing the procedure which is popular as shock loss.
- There are numerous post-op instructions that must be followed in order to achieve the best-desired
- The patients undergoing a hair transplant procedure mostly experiences wide scars on the scalp that are most visible with short hairs.
- There is no guarantee that the hair will grow consistently like before since recovery may not be same for all.