What are the side-effects of gynecomastia surgery?
Enlarged body parts aren’t always the best that you can have in your body. It might be at times artificially obtained and at times naturally. Naturally occurring ones are the most embarrassing ones and can make you feel low about yourself. Needless to say, that several surgeries are designed where you can get rid of them. One of the many operations out there is gynecomastia. This surgery is mainly done to the enlarged chest in men. Also referred to as many boobs. It might look embarrassing but then if you happen to get the surgery done, then it becomes a whole lot more favorable to live healthy lives all over again. But there’s a catch to all of this. Every surgery that you might undergo, there are some side effects that you might have to endure to sustain some appropriate lifestyle. Hence in this article, we are going to discuss the same and have a broader look into the side effects of the entire gynecomastia surgery.
Side effects of getting gynecomastia surgery.
Every surgery has its way through which it helps the body recover. But then there is some side effect that you might have to consult your doctor before you happen to go ahead with it. Out of the plenty that is present, there are few given below. Take a look.
- Skin depigmentation – well surgery in gynecomastia is something where the excess buildup of chest fat in men is taken out. What this does is that after the completion of the operation, for few the color of the skin might change due to a blood clot or due to other allergies that might have come in contact during the surgery. Hence the entire complexion of the skin might change in the operated area causing some profound long-term problems.
- Numbness – well numbness is mainly due to the detachment of the nipple from the chest. In the entire surgery of gynecomastia, several factors play a vital role in the all-round successfulness of the operation. The amount of fat to be removed, the way it is going to remove and the stitching up of the operated area. All of this might cause some form of numbness that can either be temporary or permanent if something were to go wrong during surgery.
- Infection – this is perhaps the most occurring side effects that anyone could have. Infection in surgeries is more likely because of several altering factors that pave the way for it to happen. Infection after the gynecomastia operation leads to severe problems of internal bleeding, septic formation in the operated area, and many other types of conditions that are of plenty.
- Irregularity in breast removal – no doubt that this part of the side effects can be recovered from proper surgery and through precision in the amount of fat is to be removed. It needs to be decided as to how much is to be removed and how much is to be kept. Such factors play a vital role in the overall success in the surgery of gynecomastia.
- Nerve damage – damage to the nerve can mean a landslide of problems in the long run. Anything that happens to be damaged or even altered in the entire surgery can prove to be fatal and also become tricky for the person to have any normal recovery. Let alone the overall recovery phase might not even take place and cause the person to defect around the chest area or the operated area which can prove to be life-threatening.
Hence the overall side-effects of gynecomastia surgery are of plenty. But then many factors can play their role in altering the whole recovery phase and also bring about total recovery. Hence do look into the overall side effects of the surgery in gynecomastia and decide whether or not you should get it. All the best and do the needful.